When it comes to innovation, the healthcare industry is one of the most forward-thinking sectors on the planet and digital marketing has become a huge part of that continued development.
This has become even more apparent in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, with healthcare brands needing to improve their digital presence and reach patients and customers in new ways.
To help healthcare brands continue to evolve, we’ve come up with a list of top digital marketing trends in the sector. By capitalising on the following trends, you’ll be in a better position to stay competitive and continue to thrive.
More emphasis on SEO
In 2021 and beyond, search engine optimisation (SEO) will become even more important for healthcare brands looking to build online awareness and increase bookings. After all, search drives nearly 3x as more visitors to hospital sites compared to non-search visitors. Triller expands its features with immersive experiences and shoppable videos
To improve your SEO efforts, use these tips:
- Local SEO: Optimise your on-site content to appear in Google My Business and use keywords that feature ‘near me’ in the sentence to generate leads in the local area.
- Link–building: Include links to high-quality healthcare websites and journals in your content and improve your rankings in search engines.
- Blogging: Write blogs on trending healthcare topics and optimise them with relevant keywords to build your reputation.
The continued importance of patient experience
Creating a seamless online patient experience has become a necessity and your website is at the core of this process. Ensure your website has the most up to date information about appointments, an easy-to-use booking form, a FAQs section on common illnesses and strong calls-to-action (CTAs).
Outside of the website, you can improve the patient experience by offering personalised texts and emails that feature appointment reminders, new safety procedures and policy changes.
Focus on healthcare content marketing
Another trend to embrace is the rise of content marketing within the healthcare industry and the variation it offers. This means you’ll want to develop different types of content such as blogs, videos and infographics.
According to research, patients who receive health statistics in infographic form are 2.84 times more likely to understand their condition. Reading comprehension also increases by 70% when colour is used in visuals.
Social media should also be part of your healthcare content marketing strategy, as 47% of patients are likely to share their health concerns with doctors on social media platforms.
Patient reviews drive conversions
Did you know that 90% of patients use online reviews to help them choose a healthcare provider? That’s powerful stuff and you should focus on building up your patient referrals to improve your reputation as a reliable brand or clinic.
There are a few ways to do this:
- Ask leading questions: When gathering feedback from patients, ask leading questions such as ‘what were the most valuable parts of your experience with us?’ This can help to generate powerful quotes that highlight the benefits of your services and makes for stronger testimonials.
- Use video testimonials: Include video reviews on your website to provide more information about how you helped a patient with a certain condition. This could involve them using a specific product.
Boost your healthcare marketing efforts with Trio Media
At Trio Media, we’ve got plenty of experience with helping healthcare brands supercharge their digital marketing efforts. Whether you need help with social media or content marketing, we’re here to lend a hand.
Get in touch today via the contact form or call us on 0113 357 0440.