In November 2020, Claire was proudly crowned as CEO of the Year by CEO Monthly, an award that is distributed to only 50 CEO’s globally each year. The 2020 recipients of the award have been handpicked by CEO Monthly magazine based on the comprehensive analysis and extensive research undertaken by their in-house research team, awarding individuals in their sector and country. No matter what size of the business, they reward those that are succeeding in their endeavours, innovating, growing, and improving.
Claire is no stranger to awards as she was also shortlisted in the Forbes 30 Under 30 list in 2018 and has twice been voted for Role Model of the Year in the Women in Technology awards. Claire is very passionate about investing in others and helping to promote equal opportunities for other women.
Claire became CEO of Trio Media in September 2020 after joining the business in 2018. Trio Media is a digital marketing agency that aim to do things differently; Claire’s background is in strategic in-house marketing roles, so she understands the challenges faced by marketers when managing an agency. As a digital marketing agency with a difference, we aim to shape all our activity with a strategic vision, and we focus on putting the customer first; customer delight is at the heart of everything we do.
Claire also features on two podcasts, the first she founded earlier this year with co-host Pete Mills and is called The North Star Podcast. The North Star Podcast is focussed on finding your purpose, defining your career goals and talking all matters of business challenges and growth; you can list to the podcast here. The second podcast, Bobble Pod, Claire is a co-host with a panel of industry experts talking all things marketing. A different topic is dissected every month and the hosts give their insights into the latest marketing trends. You can listen to it here.
Claire is also an avid supporter of the welfare of animals and the environment and she is a conservation circle member of Rainforest Trust UK. Claire does a lot of work with the Rainforest Trust UK to support their work and help reach more businesses, along with contributing through monthly donations to save acres of rainforest, for habitat protection and to help fight climate change.
Get to know more about Claire through our fun quick fire questions:
- Who is your hero/inspiration? My mum and dad. They’re not together but individually they both gave me so many good qualities that I value.
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be and why? Leeds – this is where I live now and I’d like to think if I wanted to live anywhere else, that I’d be there. I wouldn’t change anything about where I am.
- What would you sing at a karaoke night?21 Seconds – So Solid Crew haha. I can’t sing so I’d have to rap and I know all the words to this!
- What is your favourite book? Fiction – I Am Pilgrim by Terry Hayes, Non-fiction – Rebel Ideas: The Power of Diverse Thinking by Matthew Syed
- If you could do anything for a day, what would it be? I’m quite a scaredy cat so would love to do something really adventurous without being scared. For example, my husband loves skiing but I tried it and it wasn’t for me. I think if I had no fear, I would love it and it would be nice to go skiing together somewhere incredibly scenic.
- What is your proudest accomplishment? Owning my own business and winning CEO of the Year
- What motivates you? I’m genuinely passionate about what I do, I like to see the results of my hard work. I’m also motivated by being successful and living a good life.
- If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be? Margarita pizza or Nachos
- What is your biggest pet peeve? Laziness.
- What is the first thing you would buy/do if you won the lottery? Go to the airport and book the next flight going somewhere far flung.